On August 26, 2011 the Todd Bolender Center for Dance & Creativity officially opened when company dancer Kimberly Cowen and National Dance Institute Founder Jacques d'Amboise cut the ceremonial ribbon welcoming the public into Kansas City Ballet's new home.
Grand Opening events included free classes, Kids Dance Day, KC Dance Sampler, World Dance Day, First Friday's - Art That Moves, and the first ever Something's Afoot celebration!
Click here for a photo montage!
In two weeks:
- 1,600 Visited during Kids Dance Day & KC Dance Sampler
- 1,350 Moved with us during a Free Class
- 850 Ate, drank & danced at First Friday's - Art That Moves!
- 750 Saw dance around the globe on World Dance Day
- 500 celebrated at Something's Afoot
- 400 watched the Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony
Thanks for making our Grand Opening a success!