Now enrolling for spring 2019!
ABOUT ADAPTIVE DANCE
Our Adaptive Dance Program offers creative movement classes in an open environment for children of mixed cognitive abilities. Rhythmic activities guided by our team stimulate fine and gross motor skills and speech and language development, as well as sensory, visual and auditory processing skills! Class sizes are limited.
Our ADAPTIVE DANCE classes are DESIGNED TO BENEFIT STUDENTS IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS:
- Provide activities that lead to, support, and reinforce an understanding of dance by encouraging movement, creative activity, and sensory awareness.
- Encourage appreciation and awareness of their own bodies and the bodies of others.
- Stimulate fine and gross motor development.
- Stimulate speech and language development.
- Stimulate sensory, visual, and auditory processing skills.
- Establish routines.
- Encourage attention, cooperation, and impulse control.
- Encourage exploration and self-expression through dance in a safe and structured environment.
2018-2019 Class Schedule
Students may enroll by semester, for one or both. Students may be asked to switch class times following the first two weeks of placement classes. All Adaptive Dance classes are held at the Bolender Center.
|Ages 3-7||Ages 8-11|
Saturday 11:30 – 12:00 p.m.
|Saturday 12:15 – 12:45 p.m.|
Fall Semester: September 15, 2018 – November 17, 2018
Spring Semester: January 12, 2019 – March 23, 2019 (no class on March 16)
Below find a social story on attending class at Kansas City Ballet
Kansas City Ballet School Adaptive Dance Faculty are experienced practitioners of Creative Movement, Early Childhood Education, and Dance Therapy for children with special needs.
Erin Muenks – Dance Teacher
Grace Lewis – Dance Teacher
Nora Burkitt – Dance Teacher and Adaptive Dance Coordinator