ABOUT ADAPTIVE DANCE
This special creative movement class for 3-7 year-olds with developmental delays maintains an open environment in which all children can participate. Rhythmic activities guided by our team stimulate fine/gross motor and speech/language development, as well as sensory, visual and auditory processing skills, and MUCH MORE! Class size is limited.
THE ADAPTIVE DANCE CLASS IS DESIGNED TO BENEFIT STUDENTS IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS:
- Provide activities that lead to, support, and reinforce an understanding of dance by encouraging movement, creative activity, and sensory awareness.
- Encourage appreciation and awareness of their own bodies and the bodies of others.
- Stimulate fine and gross motor development.
- Stimulate speech and language development.
- Stimulate sensory, visual, and auditory processing skills.
- Establish routines.
- Encourage attention, cooperation, and impulse control.
- Encourage exploration and self-expression through dance in a safe and structured environment.
|3-7 Year Olds|
Fall Semester: September 10 – November 19
Spring Semester: January 28 – April 8
*Please see the School Calendar for Important Holiday Breaks. The last week of classes each Semester will be a Parent Watch Week.
Kansas City Ballet School Adaptive Dance Faculty are experienced practitioners of Creative Movement, Early Childhood Education, and Occupational Therapy for children with special needs.
Kim Gatchell – Dance Teacher
Erin Muenks – Dance Teacher
Chelsea Brown – Dance Teacher
Grace Lewis – Dance Teacher
Meg Larson – Occupational Therapist
Please click below to download the registration forms:
In order to participate in our Adaptive Dance classes, parents are required to submit the student’s IEP or IFSP by Septmber 2, 2016. Please contact the Kansas City Ballet School with any questions at 816-931-2299 or firstname.lastname@example.org