2018 – 2019 Academic Year
September 4, 2018 – May 10, 2019
Please select your area of interest:
For More Information, Please Visit Our KCBS Parent Page
NEW STUDENT PLACEMENT & REGISTRATION 2018-2019
Registration is now open and will be accepted on a first-come, first serve basis until classes fill to capacity.
TO REGISTER, PLEASE FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES BELOW
Start by filling out a
For the Children’s Division, class level is typically determined by age and grade.
Dance with Me: Ages 2-3
Creative Movement: Ages 3-5 (Pre-school)
Fundamentals of Dance: Ages 5-6 (Kindergarten)
Pre Ballet: Ages 6-7 (1st grade)
New students from 2nd grade and up will take a placement class during which the teacher and/or the School Faculty will determine the correct class for the student. Please call 816.931.2299 *2 to sign up for a placement class.
JOHNSON COUNTY CAMPUS
BOLENDER CENTER CAMPUS
|Placement Class for 2nd to 5th grade
| Placement Class for 2nd to 5th grade
| Placement Class for 6th to 12th grade
|Placement Class for 6th to 12th grade
|18-19 KCBS Parent Meeting
|18-19 KCBS Parent Meeting
For the 2018-2019 schedules, select your student’s division.
2018-2019 Tuition and Financial Policies
A registration fee and first payment is due at time of enrollment.
Tuition may be paid in full, by semester or by month. KCBS highly encourages enrolling in our automatic payment plan. Semester and Monthly options are offered with autopay for no additional fee; non-autopay accounts will incur an additional fee of $30 per student.
*Includes a KCBS elevé leotard or 2 KCBS men’s shirts.
All Students must pay a Registration Fee upon enrolling each Academic Year.
The full academic year is based on a 32-week formula. Breaks and holidays are accounted for in this formula and therefore tuition remains the same each month. There is no payment for May and the final monthly payment is due April 5.
- KCBS highly encourages enrolling in our automatic payment plan. Semester and monthly options are offered with autopay for no additional fee; non autopay accounts will incur an additional fee of $30 per student. Tuition is withdrawn from the credit card on the due dates listed in the table below.
- Unsuccessful autopays will attempt to run the card on file once a day for five days. If still unsuccessful, a $15 decline fee will be charged.
- For non-autopay accounts, Payments must be made in person, by mail, or over the phone at the location where the student takes class. Acceptable forms of payment are check, credit card, or money order.
- Personal checks or Direct Pay checks sent from the bank should include the student’s full name and class level. Checks may be mailed to the location where the student takes class.
- A $20 late fee may be assessed to each individual student’s account if payments are not received within five days of the scheduled due date.
- A $25 charge may be assessed for each returned check.
- Students whose accounts are deficient by two months will not be admitted to class until their account balance is paid in full.
- Tuition must by paid in full by April 5 in order for students to participate in end of year performances.
- There are no refunds after the student’s first day of class.
- Transactions are non-refundable.
- KCBS does not send invoices.
- A 10% sibling discount may be applied to siblings.
- We ask that parents who wish to withdraw their children from our Children’s Program first consult with the Teacher. Parents who wish to withdraw their students from the Pre-professional Division should consult with the School Director prior to submitting a formal withdrawal.
- Please contact the school by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 816-931-2299 for instructions on how to withdraw. Withdrawal from a class must be completed by the 1st of the month. If this criteria is not met, the account holder will be held financially liable for the entire month’s payment as well as succeeding months until the withdrawal is completed.
CLASS MAKE-UP POLICY
- Students are permitted to five make-up classes for unexcused absences before February 1, 2019. Two unexcused absences may be made up at no charge. Students may make-up the remaining three absences at a charge of $15 per class.
- Classes missed for excused absences may be made up before February 1, 2019. Excused absences include any change or cancellation made by KCBS that would cause a student to miss class (snow days, rehearsals, etc)
- Make-up classes are not permitted in Studio classes or during Family Watch The last date make-up classes can be taken is February 1, 2019.
- All make-up classes must be arranged by emailing email@example.com for permission. Due to class availability, a make-up class may not be available. On the day of your student’s make-up, please stop by the front desk to sign-in for the make-up class.
- It is important for students to maintain good attendance in their own classes as too many absences may affect a student’s progress and future class placement.
- During inclement weather, an official decision on the status of classes will be made by 2:00 PM. In the event that we do cancel classes, we will update our website, Facebook page and phone message accordingly. Otherwise, please plan to attend classes as normal.
- KCBS uses the Kansas City, Missouri and Shawnee Mission, Kansas school districts as a guideline for weather cancellations. Please note that though districts may be closed during the day, circumstances may change that allow us to have regularly scheduled classes in the evening.
- Please use caution, care and judgment for travel from your particular area.
- Academy students in Level 2 or above may be considered for a Merit Scholarship. Merit Scholarships are awarded at the sole discretion of the Kansas City Ballet School and require no application.
- Scholarships are awarded for the school year (September – May). The deadline to accept awarded scholarships and register for the 2018-2019 academic year is August 10, 2018.
- Scholarship funds are modest and highly competitive. Upon acceptance of a KCBS scholarship, KCBS students are required to be enrolled in their assigned class level for the full academy year, participate in the School Spring Performance and may be asked to assist with various KCBS projects. All recipients must maintain a 95% or higher class attendance rate.
- Scholarships are not automatically renewed each school year and the awarded amount may vary from year to year. Students will be reevaluated by Kansas City Ballet School for consideration of continued or additional scholarships.
Click here to read about our current scholarship recipients.
- Academy students in Level 2 or above are eligible to apply for Financial Aid. Financial Aid is awarded for the school year (September – May).
- The deadline for aid applications for the 2018-2019 school year is August 13, 2018. Applications are reviewed by the Financial Aid Committee and aid is based on varied criteria.
- Students must pay the registration fee and first month’s tuition in full upon enrollment. Financial Aid will be applied to the remaining seven months.
- Financial Aid recipients must be enrolled in their assigned class level for the full academic year and may be asked to assist with various KCBS projects. All recipients must maintain a 95% or higher class attendance rate.
- Financial Aid is not automatically renewed each school year and the awarded amount may vary from year to year. Students must reapply in order to be considered for continued or additional assistance.
- Financial Aid recipients should not exceed their monthly payments on other KCBS services such as private lessons or reformer classes.
Financial Aid application coming soon. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.