Kansas City Ballet School is proud to offer its Daytime Program for the 2019-2020 Academic Year at the Bolender Center. This program is an extension of our Pre-Professional Division and is available for students on an audition only basis. Offering classes during the day allows students who are motivated and passionate for dance to attend more hours each week.
5-Day Program: 20 hours total per week, M-F
Specials will be rotating classes, seminars and workshops that may include:
- Pas de Deux
- Anatomy for Dance
- Dance History
- Physical Maintenance
|Monthly Tuition||Semester Tuition||Year Tuition|
*$95 Registation Fee due at enrollment (Includes one KCBS Uniform leotard or shirt).
ACADEMICS FOR FULL DAY STUDENTS
- Parents are responsible for their child’s academic education.
- Online school and home-schooling are two options. Previous students have used Keystone Academy which offers curriculum for 7-12th grade. Metropolitan School of the Arts is a local option which offers online classes for grades 6-8. These schools are NOT mandatory; families make their own decisions about what academic program best suits their child.
- We have dedicated time built into the schedule which students should use for academic study, however students should also expect to do academics at home in the evenings and/or on the weekends.
At this time KCBS is not able to offer housing.
Students are accepted into the Daytime Program by invitation or audition only. In order to be considered for an audition, please send the following items to email@example.com.
- Daytime Program Audition Form
- $30 Audition Fee
- 3 Photos (Headshot, First arabesque, Tendu a la seconde)
- Video Audition: Female students should wear a simple, single-colored leotard, pink tights and pink ballet shoes. Male students should wear a fitted white shirt, black, white or gray tights, and white or black ballet shoes.
- Barre work (one side only)
- Rond de jambe
- Développé with fondu
- Grand battement
- Center work (ladies on pointe)
- Pirouette combination
- Petit allegro
- Grand allegro
- Gentlemen, please add:
- Tour en l’air
- Tours a la seconde
- Big jumps
- Beginner pointe students, please complete center work on flat. Please add combination on pointe at barre with sous sus and échappé.
Once you have submitted all the above materials, students will be notified by email within two weeks of any next steps in the audition process. Students may be invited to attend an in person audition at the Bolender Center.