Kansas City Ballet offers a variety of volunteer opportunities.
Become involved and support KCB while meeting new people, learning more about ballet, and getting a behind-the-scenes experience. KCB’s Volunteer Corps provides vital services while helping with fun and fulfilling hands-on projects.
Opportunities abound! The Volunteer Corps is the definitive choice for those seeking flexibility with their time and talents. Have fun, make great friends and become a valued part of Kansas City Ballet!
The Volunteer Corps is an enthusiastic group whose support is vital to the on-going operation of Kansas City Ballet. Corps volunteers help by:
- Assisting at season performances
- Helping out with Sugar-n-Spice Photos at Nutcracker performances
- Providing clerical support to Ballet various departments.
- Supporting public relations activities . . . and much more!
In addition to supporting the operation of the Ballet, the Volunteer Corps provides opportunities to meet some of the staff and dancers and have a lot of fun!
To become a member of the Volunteer Corps you must:
- Be at least 18 years old or accompanied by an adult
- Register at our Volunteer Registration Center
- Volunteer Corps members do not usher at performances.
- The busiest time of the year for all Corps members is during December during the ballet’s Nutcracker season. On average, about 10 volunteers are needed for each Nutcracker performance. We do keep busy during the rest of the year, but not on a large scale.
As a volunteer you can participate in a number of activities such as:
On-going – Provide office help for various departments; assist with cataloging and maintaining the Ballet’s Music Library; distribute marketing materials in your neighborhood or at marketing events like the Plaza Art Fair.
During Nutcracker and Repertory season – Assist with Sugar-n-Spice photos, act as greeter, and roll/distribute posters.
Special Events – Help staff with special events such as receptions, parties and Open Rehearsals.
To join our Volunteer Corp and to be included in our volunteer database