Rehearsals have begun for the 2018 New Moves performances. The Bolender Center is buzzing with a variety of musical styles that differ widely from the usual melodies drifting from the studios. It’s time for New Moves when up-and-coming choreographers (including a few company members) get the chance to create their own visions on the dancers of Kansas City Ballet. Performances take place at Kansas City Ballet’s home the Todd Bolender Center for Dance & Creativity in the Michael and Ginger Frost Studio Theater.
It’s a chance to witness new choreography by:
- Christopher Costantini, KCB Company Dancer
- Michael Davis, KCB Company Dancer
- Abdur-Rahim Jackson former Alvin Ailey American Dance Theatre Dancer
- Monique Meunier former principal New York City Ballet Dancer and stager for the Balanchine Trust
- Emily Mistretta, KCB Company Dancer
- Mariana Oliveira founder of The Union Project Dance Company
- Kansas City Ballet’s Second Company will open the performance with choreography by company Ballet Master Parrish Maynard.
New Moves open Thursday, Feb. 15 and run through Sunday, Feb. 18 at the Bolender Center. Sell outs are the norm, so ordering tickets early is a must. Tickets can be purchased here or by calling 816.931.8993.