Job Title: Hall Monitor
Company: Kansas City Ballet School
Kansas City Ballet School is seeking a friendly and supportive Hall Monitor for the 2013-2014 Academic Year. This individual will help maintain order and safety for the students on the second floor of the Todd Bolender Center and demonstrate commitment to an environment that provides high quality dance education.
- Work with students of all ages, but mostly those between 3 and 11 years-old
- Greet the students as they arrive for class and assist them to their classrooms quietly and on time.
- Help teachers set up before or after class when asked.
- Supervise the students to the restroom, drinking fountain, or dressing room.
- Monitor the noise level and ensure a calm and comfortable environment for all students.
- Communicate easily and effectively with staff, faculty, students and parents.
- Evaluate situations and notify the appropriate person for resolution.
- Assist with office work as requested by administration.
- Ability to work with students, faculty and parents.
- Appreciation and love for dance.
- Support the philosophy and mission of the school and company.
- Knowledge and understanding of children.
- Ability to be flexible and attend meetings when requested.
- Punctual, dependable, self-motivated and respectful.
- Physical stamina to stand for long periods of time and climb stairs when needed.
*Previous work or experience with children highly preferential.
Part-time, approximately 20 hours a week when classes are in session
Monday through Thursday roughly 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., Saturday 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
May be asked to work additional hours with pay.
*Please apply only if you are available during the above times.
$10 per hour
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Kimberly Cowen, Interim School Director.